About window cleaning, when the sun is shining, if your windows are covered with a film of filth, dust, splattered bugs, or water sports, you may not obtain the greatest amount of natural light in your home. “Clean windows” should be on your to-do list in order to fully appreciate the longer days and rich views of the outdoors.
Everybody wants their windows to be as pristine as the day they were installed, whether they’re old or new. Clean windows invite more light into your home and help you feel more connected to nature. It’s difficult to figure out how to clean your windows properly while avoiding streaks and scratching.
Your filthy, dusty windows may be the reason why sunsets at 5 p.m. make you want to hide beneath a blanket. During the short winter days, dirty windows reduce the amount of sunlight that enters your home Even the sunniest of dispositions might go into hibernation due to a lack of natural light.
Best Ways to Clean Windows Without Streaking
1. Use ammonia- or alcohol-based glass cleaners sparingly. This can appear to provide a deeper clean, but they can actually leave streaks and even a thin layer that draws dust and moisture. If you have a really difficult place to clean, start by soaking a clean cloth in a solvent like acetone or rubbing alcohol and wiping it directly on the stain. Wipe it dry before continuing to clean your window as usual.
2. Never use a razor or any other type of blade to scrape off stuck-on objects, no matter how stubborn they are. This can leave lasting scratches on your windows, making them more susceptible to breakage in the future.
3. Rub the solution with a gentle, lint-free wipe. A microfiber cloth is preferred, although a soft and clean paper towel would suffice. To avoid streaking, rub in several directions.
4. If you still have streaks on your window after washing it, simply rinse it with clear water to eliminate any remaining cleaning solution.
Types of Window Cleaning Solutions to Use
1. If you’re going to buy a solution, make sure it’s a professional cleaner from a reputable brand.
2. Use a premixed vinegar-based solution or prepare your own with our simple window cleaning DIY below.
Homemade Window Cleaning Solution
Making your own window cleaning solution with plain distilled vinegar, also known as white vinegar, is one of our favourite window cleaning tricks.
Its acidic formula effectively breaks down the streaky film that might build up on your windows and other glass surfaces. Follow these simple steps for window cleaning with your own homemade window cleaner:
1. Take a spray bottle, and combine one part of distilled vinegar with ten parts of warm water.
2. Remove dust off the window with a soft, clean, lint-free microfiber cloth or paper towel before spraying your solution, and then spray the entire surface.
3. Rub the vinegar mixture into the filthy spots on your window with your lint-free towel. You can use as much cleaner as you like on the cloth or paper towel, but don’t get any window cleaning solutions on the wood, fibreglass, or vinyl frames, as they may damage the finish.
4. Dry your window as thoroughly as possible with a second clean cloth. To avoid streaks, do this as soon as possible after cleaning. If you have numerous windows to clean, it’s preferable to do them one at a time rather than spraying them all at once.
5. If streaks remain after washing, rinse with clear water.
Using Vinegar to Clean Larger Windows
1. If your windows are too large to clean with a spray bottle and towel, use a slightly more diluted solution in a bucket by combining one part vinegar with ten parts water.
2. Moisten your window with the solution using a sponge dipped in the bucket. To avoid streaking, you’ll want to accomplish this as rapidly as possible.
3. Wipe the solution off the glass with a damp squeegee, starting at the top and working your way down. To avoid leaking, wipe the squeegee’s edge clean after each swipe.
Windows that are streak-free look and feel terrific. It’s time to clean the rest of the windows after you’ve cleaned the rest of the house. Dirt and dirt can accumulate on the frames, resulting in discolouration and damage. It can get inside the tracks or other working portions of your window, causing it to stick or stop working entirely.
Clean all of the other sections of the window to ensure that they not only look good but also function well. It’s all part of proper window care and upkeep.
Benefits of Window Cleaning Frequently
Keeping your outside windows clean has numerous advantages, some of which are more visible than others. The first advantage is that filthy windows are really ugly. This is true on the outside as well as the inside of your property. When your windows are dirty, it detracts from your home’s overall curb appeal.
Another advantage of window cleaning is that dirty windows can actually harm the glass. Even if your windows don’t appear to be dirty, this is true. When dirt and grime accumulate on your windows, it can harm the glass.
Scratches on your glass can accumulate over time and cause significant damage. This is due to the fact that they allow more debris and dust to accumulate on your windows. Construction chemicals, minerals in hard water, and acid rain can weaken and degrade your windows, making them less insulative.
This means that unclean windows might contribute to higher utility bills since more of your buildings climate-controlled air escapes.
Turn To Experts to Clean Your Windows
Keeping your house or business windows clean is vital for a variety of reasons. It not only makes your space look cleaner, brighter, and more inviting, but it also extends the life of your windows. AEG Cleaning Services will provide you with far more cost-effective and hassle-free services. Get hire window cleaning services today or content us for more information.